Saturday, September 13, 2008

I know this is an illustration blog, but...Kidney Stones are EEEEVILLLL!


I am interrupting this illustration blog to bring you a public service announcement.

You know, I was thinking today.  You see I had a lot of time for it: my husband is out working a 72-hour shift, and Wind Up Toy is at his grandparents house.  Oh, and as for myself-- I'm sitting on my bed, trying to recover from having a kidney stone laser-blasted into oblivion (hopefully).
 
Anyhow, I was thinking that maybe from time to time I could throw in some posts that aren't just illustration related.  So here goes the public service announcement for y'all:
If kidney stones run in your family and you haven't yet had the lovely experience of one rip-roaring through your innards, bringing you the most intense, vomit-inducing pain you've ever experienced in your life, you better be drinking plenty of water to keep them at away.  Far, far away. 

And just to get this info straight, no, I am not a middle-aged, beer-bellied man.  So, it can happen to anyone.

No joke.

This is the third one I've had this year, and this time it took me out for, oh, five days now.  They suck, they are excruciating, and they are EEEEVILLLLL!  



1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Hi.. i'm Lacey (Bridget Forshay's friend from High School) and yes, I know all about kidney stones.. That was my April 08.. The worst month of my life. I know exactly what you're going through and it truly evil. having had a child, like you, it is worse.. Mine was 5x7 and too big to pass, so, they tried ultrasound blasting -didn't work. and then surgery 2 days later. That worked but the stint gave me the problems. Then the trauma of having it ripped out a week later. That was terrible. I'm a wedding photographer and had a wedding to shoot 1 1/2 weeks after the surgery. Needless to say, I was totally drugged shooting that wedding. Thank God it turned out good.. So I'll say a prayer and Yes,,, people DRIND WATER.. no matter who you are.

PS.... GREAT WORK!!!! I've sent a couple of friends to your site who are thinking of writing children's books. Hope it works out.

Take care, Lacey :)