Monday, April 27, 2009

I Never Have Been Much of a Journaler...But I Had to Blog About This!

Every day small adventures come and go and every day I think, "ooh. I should blog about this".  But life carries on in it's tidal wave fashion, and blog updating gets sloshed around in the undertow.

I've known for quite some time now that I am not the journaling type. So why do I constantly question myself as to why I never update my blog?  Over the years I've been given many a journal.  Each one I managed to sporadically fill to, oh, the third page or so.  I guess there's no hope for this until I set an appointment to update my blog on a regular basis on my iCal.  Three alarms will be needed to light a fire under my bum for blog updating.  I do realize it should be part of my marketing strategy, so iCal, here I come.

I do have some great news to share since I've last posted: I have an agent!  I am now represented by The Bright Agency--a really cool agency based in London.  I'm super excited about this opportunity and curious to see what illustration life has in store for me around the bend!

On that note, it's time for me to get moving on my illustration work and get some sketching done!

Here is something I'm working on at the moment.  Still have to finish up the background and add the final details to the piggy and frog:




10 comments:

HOLLi CONGER said...

Congratulations!! They have some great artist on board!!

Kristi Valiant said...

Congratulations on your agent!! Your work is super fun and well done; I'll be excited to see what projects your agent gets for you.

Patricia Cantor said...

Congratulations, Christina! Long overdue!

Life Happens said...

Congratulations! You have an awesome talent. For a moment I thought you were going to say that you were pregnant!

Katie McDee said...

Congrats!!! I'm so stoked for you! Can't wait to hear what happens next :)

Angela said...

Christina!
that is brilliant. I love your work. I follow it frequently to just get inspired. I am a children's art lover...im putting together my first children's book first page posted at scribblerontheroof.blogspot.com. do you have any words of wisdom?

SARAH said...

hi!

My name is Sarah and you left a few comments on my blog about hyperemesis. E-mail me when you have a chance at poison82@juno.com and tell me about your pregnancy and what worked and what didn't...I have to tell you the first one is always the hardest :)

:) - Sarah

Mac McCool said...

That's HUGE news, Christina!!! Fantastic!!! Please tell me more at our next illustrators' frolic! Mega-congrats!!!

Gina said...

Awesome & Congrats!! :)
I'm not at all surprised!!
You have amazing talent!!

Christina Forshay said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm excited to see what this new step in my illustration career brings too. I'll keep ya posted!