Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's This? Two Updates in One Month?

Howdy folks. Well, I think this marks a record of some sort. I've actually got two posts up within a month!

Well, first off, I've got this to show you:

It's a cover of a book I worked on last year, but I just barely received a few copies in the mail last week. It's a fun little educational book about how a toad learns how to properly cross the road while on a trip to visit his cousin, the frog. It was a fun one to work on, I must say! I think at this point, it's only available in the UK.

And here's one of the spot illustrations:


In other news, I'm currently working on a piece for the SCBWI Los Angeles Illustrator's Day contest. The prompt is: "IT WAS NIGHT, AND THE RAIN FELL; AND FALLING, IT WAS RAIN, BUT, HAVING FALLEN, IT WAS..."
I've got lots of ideas floating around, but have yet to put pencil to paper in any major way. I've found little pockets of time to doodle down some ideas, but I like to have long blocks of uninterrupted time to sketch. And those seem to be far and few between given my hectic household. So, I've definitely got to pencil in the time, because the deadline is looming! Ack!

Oh, and one more little tidbit: I've been trolling the web for some inspiration for this new piece I'm going to be working on and I happened upon this blog by Disney Artist Brittney Lee. Such beautiful work, don't you think? It's definitely inspired me to get drawing and painting. Gorgeous!!!

Signing off for now, TTFN!

No comments: